The Eye Associates:
2620 S Eagle Rd
Meridian, ID 83642
Located 3/4 of a mile south from the I-84 Eagle Road Exit, on South Eagle Road. Take a left on East Easy Jet Drive and turn left into the Southstone Plaza.
Monday: 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
Tuesday: 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
Wednesday: 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
Thursday: 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
Friday: 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
*We are closed on the third Friday of the month from 12 – 1:30 PM for our monthly staff meeting.
- iLasik: iLasik surgery alters the curvature of the cornea to focus light more precisely on the retina. The goal of iLasik (refractive surgery) is to decrease dependence on eyeglasses or contact lenses. Most people who undergo iLasik surgery achieve this goal; about 95% do not need corrective lenses for distance vision.
- Kamra Inlay Treatment: The Kamra inlay treatment is an eye procedure that restores near vision and frees you from the constant frustrations of reading glasses. Kamra Inlay Treatment is ideal for active people looking to no longer depend on reading glasses or contact lenses for their everyday activities.
- Cataract Surgery: The only effective treatment for cataracts is surgery. Cataract surgery is one of the most successful forms of surgery performed and statistically, 95% of patients that have cataract surgery end up with superior vision. The Eye Associates performs the most advanced type of cataract surgery using the latest techniques, including the “no injection”, “no stitch” surgery. The cataracts are removed by using sound waves with a procedure called Phacoemulsification.
- Contact Lenses and Glasses: Glasses and contact lenses improve your vision by adjusting the way the eyes bend and focus light. Ideally, light rays are refracted (bent) as they pass through the cornea so that they focus on the retina in the back of the eye. Glasses and contact lenses correct any refractive errors that may occur in patients. Prescriptions are measured for each eye so patients can enjoy optimal vision clarity, usually 20/20.
- Dry Eye Treatment: Sometimes people do not produce enough tears or the appropriate quality of tears to keep their eyes healthy and comfortable. This condition is known as dry eye. There are many treatment options available for dry eye syndrome. Visit our Dry Eye Center of Excellence to relieve your dry eyes and pain!
- Eye Exams: Regular eye exams are important, in protecting you and your family’s eyesight. Eye exams allow our doctors to detect any changes that may occur in the front of your eyes. This portion of the eye exam will help determine if alterations need to be made with your eyeglasses or contact lens prescription. During an eye exam, we will also look at the back of the eyes, (the retinas) to check the health and make sure they aren’t damaged or showing signs of disease.
- Photorefractive Keratectomy (PRK): This procedure is used to reduce the need for corrective glasses or contact lenses by reshaping the cornea of the eye with a laser. PRK surgery allows the eye to change the way it focuses light. An excimer laser is used to remove a thin layer of the cornea, changing the cornea’s focusing power.
- And More!
What our Meridian eye patients say..
“I was totally taken back by the reviews I found on The Eye Assoicates google site. I have been a customer of Dr. Kent’s since 2013. Prior to finding Dr. Kent I had utilized Ophthalmologist in different states. I am 67 years of age and always had issues with my eye sight. Dr. Kent gave me back my clear vision. He comes highly recommended by his loyal customers and other MD’s. I would say the majority of his staff has been the same since 2013. They are competent, professional and friendly. My experience has been excellent. I always say, great service gets you more customers. Waiting times are no different than any other type of medical visit. Yes, there are some medical offices you can get in and out of quickly but they are ones I shy away from. We are a society that is very impatient and expect immediate results. I had cataract surgery in my left and right eyes in March and May 2016 and the whole experience was outstanding. My restored eye sight is very welcomed. Dr. Kent is an excellent communicator and has medical background, education, training and experience to make him an outstanding Eye MD. I have a number of family members and friends who are customers and patients of Dr. Kent. I highly recommend Dr. Gregory Kent.”
“Dr. Dayton is the most kind and personal doctor I have ever witnessed. On one of my last appointments, I overheard him visiting with an elderly patient and his genuine interest and willingness to listen to the patient was very touching. Dr. Dayton is also very knowledgeable and explains the wonder of the eye and its care in terms that an average person can understand. This location on Eagle Road is spacious and attractive, yet not overly fancy. The office staff was professional and courteous and I spent little time waiting for both of my appointments.”