The Eye Associates:
1602 Arlington Ave,
Caldwell, ID 83605
We are located a half block north of West Valley Medical Center
Monday: 8:30 am – 5:00 pm
Tuesday: 8:30 am – 5:00 pm
Wednesday: 8:30 am – 5:00 pm
Thursday: 8:30 am – 5:00 pm
Friday: 8:30 am – 12:00 pm
- Lasik: Lasik surgery alters the curvature of the cornea to focus light more precisely on the retina. The goal of Lasik (refractive surgery) is to decrease dependence on eyeglasses or contact lenses. Most people who undergo Lasik surgery achieve this goal; about 95% do not need corrective lenses for distance vision.
- Kamra Inlay Treatment: The Kamra inlay treatment is an eye procedure that restores near vision and frees you from the constant frustrations of reading glasses. Kamra Inlay Treatment is ideal for active people looking to no longer depend on reading glasses or contact lenses for their everyday activities.
- Cataract Surgery: The only effective treatment for cataracts is surgery. Cataract surgery is one of the most successful forms of surgery performed and statistically, 95% of patients that have cataract surgery end up with superior vision. The Eye Associates performs the most advanced type of cataract surgery using the latest techniques, including the “no injection”, “no stitch” surgery. The cataracts are removed by using sound waves with a procedure called Phacoemulsification.
- Contact Lenses and Glasses: Glasses and contact lenses improve your vision by adjusting the way the eyes bend and focus light. Ideally, light rays are refracted (bent) as they pass through the cornea so that they focus on the retina in the back of the eye. Glasses and contact lenses correct any refractive errors that may occur in patients. Prescriptions are measured for each eye so patients can enjoy optimal vision clarity, usually 20/20.
- Dry Eye Treatment: Sometimes people do not produce enough tears or the appropriate quality of tears to keep their eyes healthy and comfortable. This condition is known as dry eye. There are many treatment options available for dry eye syndrome. Visit our Dry Eye Center of Excellence to relieve your dry eyes and pain!
- Eye Exams: Regular eye exams are important, in protecting you and your family’s eyesight. Eye exams allow our doctors to detect any changes that may occur in the front of your eyes. This portion of the eye exam will help determine if alterations need to be made with your eyeglasses or contact lens prescription. During an eye exam, we will also look at the back of the eyes, (the retinas) to check the health and make sure they aren’t damaged or showing signs of disease.
- Photorefractive Keratectomy (PRK): This procedure is used to reduce the need for corrective glasses or contact lenses by reshaping the cornea of the eye with a laser. PRK surgery allows the eye to change the way it focuses light. An excimer laser is used to remove a thin layer of the cornea, changing the cornea’s focusing power.
- And More!
What our Caldwell eye patients say..
“I highly recommend Dr. Kent at The Eye Associates and the Tecnis Multi-focal lens option. I had cataracts and hadn’t realized how much light I was missing in my vision. After the procedure not only can I see so much better, I feel better and younger! I definitely recommend the upgraded option of the multi-focal lens. It is wonderful not to need glasses anymore…just sunglasses!”
“If you can say surgery is a good experience, mine with Dr Kent was a 10. I had a cataract on both eyes with results unbelievable. Before surgery it was like looking through a fog. Now looking out, things are more bright & vivid.
I also see color in a different shade. Instead of dull, the colors are brighter. As a final note, the very next day I thought my husband put new flourescent lights in the kitchen with just the one eye done. Of course he didn’t, but it goes to show what a big difference the surgery did for me. I would recommend Dr. Kent highly and his staff”